SIGN (Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network) is the organisation responsible for producing evidence-based guides for healthcare professionals in Scotland.
Their guidelines are rigorously researched and reviewed by NHS staff, patients, carers and members of the public.
Once produced the guidelines are accompanied by a toolkit that makes it easier to adopt these best practice guidelines.
We needed to create a simple, user-friendly way of capturing and managing all of the information produced from the consultations and the resulting guidelines and toolkit. The assessment questionnaire produced plays a critical role in enabling medical professionals to more accurately diagnose conditions that are notoriously difficult to pin down such as Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
It was therefore essential that the assessments filled in by the participants were completed accurately and in full, as the resulting guidelines have a significant impact on the individual’s lives and lifestyles.
Subsequently, there were three specific challenges on this project:
1. The vast quantity of information that had to be captured and managed
2. The number and diversity of the people from whom we had to gather information
3. The necessity for accuracy in the information captured and the requirement that the forms be completely fully
- An interactive, user-friendly quiz-type questionnaire that could be filled out and returned online.
- Simple navigation system with buttons for Save, Print and Email
- Automated scoring system that tells the person how much of the form they have completed and how much they still have to complete which encourages them to fill out the entire form
- Show and hide displays which shows the correct answer to each question
- Validation function which prevents the form from being returned until all the questions have been answered
- Customisation featuring SIGN’s corporate design and brand
- Capture of data is accurate and complete
- More detailed information is captured
- Information is managed in a more efficient manner
- Participants are encouraged to give a fuller response
- Significant time saved for participants using a simplified form
- Instant feedback on the responses provided
Tidalfire took a very complicated job and came back with a layout that was so easy to follow: straightforward and uncluttered. It just works.
Stuart Neville, Information Designer, SIGN